Auditions & Sign-Ups
All the world's a stage - and you can be a performer in it...
Join us for the fall musical LES MISERABLES
We will be auditioning for our fall production - LES MISERABLES - on August 14th, 15th, and 16th, 2017. Use the following information to prepare and sign-up for your audition.
Here are the steps you should go through to prepare for your audition:
1. Look through the "LES MIS Audition Information" sheet below. Key things to pay attention to - audition dates and sign ups, characters in the show, and audition materials such as songs and monologues.
2. Choose a character or characters that you are most interested in auditioning for. The list of characters in the show is listed below on the sheet labeled "LES MIS Characters." Then find the song for that character by either visiting the callboard at CVHS (outside of room 625 - the "Green Room") or emailing Mrs. Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Scottt (email@example.com) and we will send you a scanned copy of the song. Please list the character(s) you are interested in auditioning for in your email so we can send you the correct copies. Select one song that you will prepare for the audition (juniors or seniors may choose two if desired).
3. Look online or in a play or monologue book to find a one minute theatrical monologue that will showcase your acting. The monologue choices are up to you to find, but look for one that will show off your range and skill at creating a character. The monologue will not be from the actual show (Les Miserables), but you can choose something that is comparable if desired.
4. Begin practicing both the song and monologue for your audition in August. Both the song and monologue should be 100% memorized for a successful audition. The link to the recorded backing tracks is included below on the button labeled "Rehearsal Tracks." Practice with the tracks for timing and pitch requirements.
5. Choose an audition time for your song and monologue performance. Then use the link below titled "Audition Sign-Ups" to choose a slot. Auditions will be 5 minutes long, so you will need to choose one slot from the options listed.
Please sign-up for an audition slot based on the character that you most want to play in the show (and have prepared a song for). You may be considered for multiple roles based on your audition application, but we want to schedule actors/actresses in similar time slots. The time break-downs are as follows:
Monday, August 14:
3:00-3:59 - Valjean
4:00-4:29 - Javert
4:30-5:11 - Marius
Tuesday, August 15:
3:00-4:29 - Eponine
4:30-5:59 - Cosette
6:00-6:59 - Fantine
Wednesday, August 16:
3:00-4:29 - Thenardiers*
4:30-5:17 - Gavroche/Little Cosette
*if you are only interested in an ensemble role and are singing the chorus part, please sign up for a spot during the Thenardiers block on Wednesday.
6. Download a copy of the "LES MIS Audition Form" and make sure both you and your parents look through it. Make sure to list ALL conflicts. This should be ready to go before you come to your audition. Please refer to the “LES MIS General Calendar" linked below when determining your conflicts. Feel free to attach a resume and headshot to your contract form.
Other important information for your audition:
There will be a dance audition for everyone auditioning for the show on Wednesday, August 16th at 5:30 pm. Please make sure you attend one or more of the Vocal/Dance Workshops (times are listed on the "LES MIS General Calendar") to learn the required steps.
At the August 14,15, and 16th auditions, you will present your monologue and vocal selection(s). Make sure you are at least 15 minutes early for your audition time in case we are ahead of schedule.
Callbacks will be posted on August 16th. You will be able to pick up your material for callbacks that day. If you don’t get a callback it doesn’t mean you didn’t get in the show. Callbacks will be held on August 17th and 18th from 3-8.
The cast list will be posted on August 20th on the CVTC website (this page!).
There will be a full cast meeting and read-through on Monday, August 21st starting at 3pm. You will pick up your scripts at this time.
There will be a mandatory cast/parent/crew/pit meeting on Monday, August 21st starting at 6pm.
“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
If you're interesting in being part of the crew for Les Miserables, we have plenty of positions to offer. Use the link below to sign up for a place in one of our many crews.